Offering a family holiday that’s equally relaxing for adults and kids, Moonfleet Manor is like being in your own home by the coast, albeit with tennis courts, an indoor playzone, a swimming pool and terrace overlooking the beach! The piece de resistance is the fact there are onsite leisure facilities including treatments areas for massages and facials, all of which can be enjoyed alone while the qualified hotel staff look after your little ones for you.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
- Pet Friendly
Why people visit here
RestaurantThe Mediterranean style menu has been awarded two AA rosettes.
Family FriendlyWith indoor and outdoor play areas, and a crèche to give parents a little time to themselves, Moonfleet welcomes guests of all ages.
Local AttractionsRight on the coast and overlooking Chesnil Beach, the natural environment alone provides an abundance of entertainment.
Leisure Break VenueThe venue has a dedicated treatment area and separately located leisure facilities such as a swimming pool and sauna.
Moonfleet Manor frequently asked questions
- Who owns Moonfleet Manor?
- Moonfleet Manor is part of the luxury Family Hotels collection, owned by Nigel Chapman and Nicholas Dickinson.
- How do you get to Moonfleet Manor?
- Overlooking Chesil Beach and the Jurassic Coast, Moonfleet Manor is in a World Heritage site. It's surrounded by countryside but is just five miles away from the seaside resort of Weymouth. Accessible via the A354 for those who are driving, there's plenty of parking on site. If you're travelling by train, the nearest station is Weymouth, approximately seven miles away. Services from London are from Waterloo via Southampton and Bournemouth.
- What is included in a spa day at Moonfleet Manor?
- What's included in a spa day at Moonfleet Manor depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include three indoor heated swimming pools and a sauna. There are also three treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Comfort Zone products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near Moonfleet Manor?
- Moonfleet Manor is in a magical location overlooking Chesil Beach and offering access to the coast. It's a brilliant location to enjoy in its own right, as well as being a fantastic base for exploring the surrounding area, including Weymouth which is just a few miles away. The area is particularly well known for its impressive beaches, like Charmouth and Lyme Regis, where you can spend a day searching for fossil ammonites, sea creatures, or even a dinosaur. Top attractions include: - Bovington Tank Museum - Portland Bill - Dinosaurland Fossil Museum - Weymouth Sea Life Adventure Park - Portland Castle - Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre
- When was Moonfleet Manor built?
- Forever linked to J Meade Falkner’s novel Moonfleet, published in 1898, Moonfleet Manor was originally known as Fleet House, and was built in 1603 by Maximillion Mohune. In the 18th-century it passed into the Gould family, who extended it and altered it in fine Georgian style. It continued to evolve across the years, requisitioned for use by American and British troops in the Second World War when then-owner Lady Noble moved to Bath. It was converted into a hotel in 1945, and in 1997 was bought by Nigel Chapman and Nicholas Dickinson, who turned it into the hotel we know and love today.
- What amenities does Moonfleet Manor have?
- A four star hotel, Moonfleet Manor is surrounded by blissful views and pretty grounds. The hotel has 36 rooms and suites, and is family friendly, complete with a crèche and children's entertainment. The restaurant has been awarded two AA rosettes for its fresh produce and universally appetising cuisine, and here's alfresco dining in the summer. Spa facilities include three indoor heated swimming pools and a sauna. There are also three treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Comfort Zone products in a collection of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include: - One room on the ground floor that has a wet room - this is called Ratsey - A lift in the main hotel providing access to the first and second floor - To access the verandah building there is a slope at the back which requires going to the back of the building. This provides access to the games room and access up into the Watersedge lounge, which leads into the spa treatment area. Please note there are still a few steps to actually get into the treatment area - The pool has a disabled changing room available
- What are the food and drink options at Moonfleet Manor?
- The hotel's restaurant has been awarded two AA rosettes for its fresh produce and universally appetising cuisine, and here's alfresco dining in the summer.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Moonfleet Manor?
- Moonfleet Manor has three treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Comfort Zone products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Moonfleet Manor is from 3pm and check-out is at 11.00am. Spa opening hours are 8am to 6.30pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.