A beautiful grade II listed building, 270 acres of immaculately landscaped gardens and an 18-hole championship golf course are all part of your experience at this grand hotel, also renowned for its culinary excellence. The £10 million state-of-the-art Champneys spa meanwhile, is one of the most stylish wellbeing destinations in Cheshire. Combining luxury and clinical excellence, it has a wealth of facilities and experiences to offer.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
Why people visit here
Destination SpaChampneys is well known as the matriarch of the UK’s health spa industry, dedicated to a combination of luxury and wellness and delivering expertise at every turn.
RomanticThe combination of luxury house hotel and specialist wellness spa makes Mottram Hall an exceptional escape for couples looking to spend quality time together.
Scenic locationThe hotel is surrounded by grounds totalling 270 acres of Cheshire countryside, which make for an exceptional view from the historic 18th century mansion.
GolfThe hotel boasts an impressive 18-hole Championship golf course which is perfect for amateur and professional players alike.
Mottram Hall frequently asked questions
- Who owns Mottram Hall?
- Mottram Hall is owned by the Champneys Group, which in turn is owned by Dorothy and Stephen Purdew. They purchased the listed property in 2018 and transformed the spa with a multi-million pound renovation.
- How do you get to Mottram Hall?
- Mottram Hall is on the Wimslow Road in Mottram, Cheshire, not far from the M60. The easiest way to get there is to drive, and there is plenty of parking available. The nearest station is Wilmslow Train Station (2.5miles) or Macclesfield Train Station (5.5 miles), from which taxis can be arranged.
- What is included in a Mottram Hall spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Mottram Hall depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a wide range of facilities and treatments. They include a large pool surrounded by loungers, a gym, 40 classes per week, a spa cafe, and therapies using the latest technology and award-winning brands. They are also surrounded by gardens to explore.
- What is near Mottram Hall?
- Some of the most popular attractions near Mottram Hall include a visit to the White Peak Alpaca Farm, The Silk Museum & Paradise Mill, head to Treacle Market, take a ride at Bollington Boats and Bikes or hike in Tegg’s Nose Country Park.
- When was Mottram Hall built?
- The Mottram estate dates back to 1310, however the manor house that forms the basis of the hotel today, was built in 1721. It became a hotel in 1940, when it was renovated, preserving the original details.
- What amenities does Mottram Hall have?
- The spa at Mottram Hall has a large pool surrounded by loungers, a gym, 40 classes per week, a spa cafe, and therapies using the latest technology and award-winning brands. They are also surrounded by gardens to explore. The hotel sits in 270 acres of countryside, and has its own 18-hole Championship golf course. Mottram Hall aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. Their accessibility measures include: disabled parking spaces by the hotel entrance and the club and spa and luggage assistance 24-hours a day; three disabled rooms on the ground floor; accessible toilet facilities and hearing loops in conference rooms; and in the spa there is an accessible changing room. The following accessible aids are available at Reception and housekeeping: - Vibrating Pad to assist waking guests with hearing disabilities in the event of a fire alarm. An evac chair is also available to enable staff to assist with the emergency evacuation of disabled, if necessary. - Bath Board - Elephant Feet - A lift in the Golf Wing of the hotel
- What are the food and drink options at Mottram Hall?
- Mottram Hall has multiple food and drink options to enjoy during your visit. There's a dedicated spa cafe so you can have lunch in your robe and slippers. In the hotel, the Carrington Grill is the main restaurant, which has an AA rosette. There's also the Claret Jug bar and brasserie in the clubhouse.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Mottram Hall?
- In the purpose-built Champneys Spa, there are 15 treatment rooms where therapists offer a wide range of face and body spa treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- If you're staying at the hotel at Mottram Hall, you can check in any time from 3:00pm and check-out is 11.00am. If you're visiting for a spa day, please confirm your check in time when you book.
- What did Mottram Hall used to be?
- The Mottram estate dates back to 1310, when it was established by Adam de Mottram. It then passed to the Booth family in 1650, who lived in the timber framed Old Hall, which is now a private house that stands back from the main drive. In 1721 the family built a Manor House on the estate, named Mottram Hall - the basis of the red brick mansion you see today. It moved into the Wright family in 1738, and remained a family home for them until 1914. It became a hotel in 1940.
- Can children go to Mottram Hall?
- The hotel welcomes children. The Champneys Spa is for those aged 16 and over only. That said, there are some treatments available for children aged 14 to 16 as long as they are accompanied by an adult, and there are designated swimming times for children aged three and over.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.