No.1 by GuestHouse York
A boutique hotel in the heart of picturesque York, No.1 by GuestHouse York is an elegant, contemporary hotel that honours the heritage of the Grade II Listed Regency townhouse in which it resides. The spa is a seductive space in the subterranean arches of the property, complete with holistic treatments using natural skincare products. There's no gym or wet facilities - it's all about pampering and relaxation. Overall it's perfect for romantic escapes.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Dual Treatment
- Pet Friendly
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaNo. 1 York is a luxurious, boutique hotel that's all about luxury. The spa area is small and perfectly formed. There's no gym or wet facilities, instead it focuses on beautiful holistic therapies using natural skincare products.
RomanticThis elegantly designed hotel is perfect for romantic escapes, thanks to exceptional style and a fusion of heritage details and modern elegance.
Recommended RestaurantThe restaurant is beautifully designed and also serves food and drink with local provenance, using ingredients from nearby farms, dairies and hives.
ArchitectureThe Grade II Listed Regency townhouse has been beautifully restored, with charming details - especially in the bar.
No.1 by GuestHouse York frequently asked questions
- Who owns No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- No.1 by GuestHouse York is part of the GuestHouse hotels collection, owned by Reliance Worldwide Corporation. It was originally founded by the Guest family, who ran it for almost 60 years.
- How do you get to No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- Just a 10-minute walk from York Minster, No.1 by GuestHouse York is located in Clifton in the suburb of York. For those who are driving there is paid private parking on-site that’s available to guests. York train station is just one mile from the hotel (or a six minute taxi ride). The nearest airport is Leeds-Bradford International Airport, which is just over 30 miles away (50 minutes by taxi).
- What is included in a spa day at No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- What's included in a spa day at No.1 by GuestHouse York depends on the experience that you book. There are no wet facilities or gym at the hotel, it's all about rest and relaxation. With that in mind, there are five treatment rooms, a dual treatment room and a relaxation area.
- What is near No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- No.1 by GuestHouse York is in a fantastic location for exploring the beautiful city of York. Top attractions include a stroll down the Shambles (a historic street of shops), take a boat trip down the Ouse river, climb up Clifford’s Tower, walk along York city walls or explore York Minster.
- When was No.1 by GuestHouse York built?
- The building that's home to No.1 by GuestHouse York is a Grade-II listed Regency town house which dates to around 1840. The property became a hotel in December 2021.
- What amenities does No.1 by GuestHouse York have?
- A boutique hotel in a popular suburb of York, No.1 by GuestHouse York is a romantic hotel with 39 bedrooms, an elegant restaurant and a bar. The spa is all about pampering. There are no wet facilities or gym at the hotel, it's all about rest and relaxation. With that in mind, there are five treatment rooms, a dual treatment room and a relaxation area. They also have five treatment rooms and use the pure, vegan, organic, sustainably-led and ethically-sourced skincare line, Pinks Boutique, in a range of face and body treatments.
- What are the food and drink options at No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- No.1 by GuestHouse York is home to an elegant restaurant serving everything from sharing platters to craft snacks or three-course dinners. There's also a bar celebrating Yorkshire heritage, and serving a choice of cocktails and local brews.
- How many treatment rooms are there at No.1 by GuestHouse York?
- No.1 by GuestHouse York has five treatment rooms. Therapists use the pure, vegan, organic, sustainably-led and ethically-sourced skincare line, Pinks Boutique, in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at No.1 by GuestHouse York is from 3pm, and check-out time is 12 midday. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are 10am to 7pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.