Rena Spa at The Midland
An award-winning spa and deservedly so! From the moment you enter the underground haven, you’ll be transported into a world of peace and calm with satisfyingly relaxing results. There are a number of impressive experiences to enjoy such as the Caribbean Storm and Arctic Rain showers, but the piece de resistance is the relaxation areas. Here, you can choose from discovering sleep in a hanging pod cocoon, in an ergonomic sleep chamber or a sound cancelling egg chair.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Experience Showers
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Room Upgrade to a Superior Room
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Bottle of House White Wine
Bottle of House Red Wine
Bucket of Beers
Why people visit here
Best Known ForA chic spa haven in the city with some of the best food around. We suggest having tea in a hanging pod in the relaxation room, followed by dinner at Adam Reid at The French in the evening.
Most Loved ForCouples for the seductive, hedonistic vibe that such glamour invokes, as well as small groups of friends celebrating special occasions.
Wow FactorThe scope of facilities, combined with the attention to detail and level of luxury, as well as the fusion of historic grandeur and modern style, make it unique and exceptional as a hotel spa experience. Accredited by the SATCC and part of the Spabreaks.com Safe Hands for Cancer Collection, this spa welcomes people living with or beyond cancer and offers a number of specialist trained therapists.
Exceptional Spa FeatureAll the little details - from the duvets on the relaxation beds to the big, beautiful hanging cocoons, that can fit up to two people at once, to doze off in.
Rena Spa at The Midland frequently asked questions
- Who owns Rena Spa at The Midland?
- Rena Spa at The Midland is a luxurious hotel in the heart of Manchester. The urban hotel and spa are part of the Jurys Inn and Leonardo Hotels collection, with destinations across the UK and delivering high standard experiences. They are owned by Fatal Hotels Group and Sweden's Pandox hotel investment firm, which bought them in 2021.
- How do you get to Rena Spa at The Midland?
- The Midland is located on Peter Street in the centre of Manchester, just a short walk from Manchester Oxford Road train station (200 metres) and Manchester Piccadilly train station (0.6 miles). Manchester has a Metroshuttle bus across the city - the nearest stop to the hotel is 150 metres away at Free Trade Hall. For those who are driving, there is discounted parking at a nearby NCP car park. Meanwhile, Manchester International airport is just 10 miles away.
- What is included in a Rena Spa at The Midland spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Rena Spa at The Midland depends on the experience that you book. The spa is adult-only and is complete with a range of facilities and treatments including a two storey gym and a swimming pool, with space to relax, four thermal areas and sleep chambers. There is a rasul and treatments use Germaine De Cappucini, Crystal Clear, and Jessica Nails products.
- What is near Rena Spa at The Midland?
- Rena Spa at The Midland is fantastically located in the heart of Manchester, making it a fantastic spot from which to explore the city. Their home on Peter Street places you within easy reach of attractions including Bridgewater Hall, the Palace Theatre and Manchester Central Exhibition and Conference Centre, as well as being just a 10 minute walk from the city's shops and bars.
- When was Rena Spa at The Midland built?
- The Midland is a historic property that dates back to 1898 when it was designed by architect Charles Trubshaw as a railway hotel. It has always been considered one of Manchester's grandest hotels. While the architecture has remained intact across the centuries, and it is recognised as a Grade II listed English Heritage building, it has been updated to maintain its illustrious reputation, including a luxurious renovation in 2020.
- What amenities does Rena Spa at The Midland have?
- The Midland maintains its reputation as a luxury, adult-only hotel and spa complete with an array of elegant rooms and suites to choose from. Food and drink are a treat with Adam Reid at The French as its leading light and holding four AA rosettes. There's also the Mount Street Dining Room and Bar, The Tea Room and The Midland Lounge for cocktails. The spa is a subterranean haven, complete with hanging pods, ergonomic sleep chambers and sound-cancelling egg chairs in the relaxation areas. There's an alder wood sauna with Himalayan salt block wall, aromatherapy steam rooms and Caribbean storm and Arctic rain experience showers, a two storey gym and a swimming pool. The hotel has implemented accessible facilities across the venue. They have seven disabled parking bays, there is a reception desk for guests who arrive in wheelchairs and you will be offered a personal check-in to explain all of the hotel's facilities. The following accessible aids are available at reception: - Portable Induction Loop for use at reception - Large Button Phone - Vibrating Pad to assist waking guests with hearing disabilities in the event of a fire alarm Restaurants are on the ground floor, and all lifts have audible enunciation and tactile buttons at standard height. There are 10 purpose built disabled rooms situated on the first, second and third floors. They have transfer space and turning of at least 120cm either side of beds. There is a wheel-in shower / wall mounted drop down seat and appropriate grab rails in bathrooms. Horizontal and vertical grab rails are positioned at the side of the toilet. In the event of fire alarm activation these rooms have both a sounder and a visual flashing light. The spa has accessible lockers for guests using wheelchairs, as well as accessible WC and shower. The upper level of the gym has ramped access to exercise machines, free weights and hand bikes. DDA approved workout plans have been tailored to the facilities and are available from the spa reception. There is also step-free access to the pool, sauna and steam room.
- What are the food and drink options at Rena Spa at The Midland?
- Food and drink is a really special experience at The Midland. Adam Reid at The French is an iconic experience holding four AA rosettes and named one of the top 15 restaurants in the UK. There's also the Mount Street Dining Room and Bar for three course dinners in luxe art deco surroundings, The Tea Room for the best afternoon tea in the city and The Midland Lounge for cocktails.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Rena Spa at The Midland?
- Rena Spa at The Midland has eight spa treatment rooms including two dual treatment rooms, where therapists use the ESPA and Jessica products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Rena Spa at The Midland is from 3pm, and check-out time is 12midday. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.