You’ll be spoilt for choice in this relaxed hotel, which, with its wide choice of leisure and entertainment facilities, is the perfect getaway for groups of friends looking for laid back fun. As well as an outdoor and indoor fitness area, the Leisure Club offers yoga and spin classes and there are three golf courses on site. The Belfry Spa has a selection of luxury spa treatments, but a visit wouldn’t be complete without experiencing the 90-minute Fire & Ice biothermal rooms, guaranteed to increase your wellbeing.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Superior Room
Three Course Dinner
Late Check Out
Why people visit here
Golf ResortAs the UK headquarters of the PGA, the hotel has three golf courses including Ryder Cup course, The Brabazon, as well as a PGA National Golf Academy.
Hen FriendlyWith a range of activities available within the hotel grounds, The Belfry is ideal for hen parties and group bookings.
Hotel Spa VenueThe venue offers superb spa facilities and a range of treatments at the Belfry Club.
Facilities include: pool, hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi, spa pool, foot spa and Fire and Ice thermal suite which include sauna, aroma cave steam room, crystal steam room, sanarium, igloo, feature shower and shower grotto.
Safe Hands for CancerAccredited by the SATCC and part of the Spabreaks.com Safe Hands for Cancer Collection, this spa welcomes people living with or beyond cancer and offers a number of specialist trained therapists.
The Belfry frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Belfry?
- The Belfry Hotel & Resort is owned by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Cedar Capital Partners who acquired the estate and its three 18-hole golf courses in 2021 for a reported £140m.
- How do you get to The Belfry?
- You can access The Belfry by car, train or bus. The nearest train station is Birmingham New Street station in Birmingham, which is just under half an hour away by car or taxi. There are also local buses close by and Birmingham (BHX) Airport is seven miles away. The easiest way to get there however, is by car.
- What is included in a spa day at The Belfry?
- What's included in your spa day at The Belfry depends on the experience that you book, but there is an array of facilities to explore and treatments to be had. Leisure facilities are in The Belfry Club including a gym, spin studio, pool, spa pools, a tranquil conservatory, and a 90-minute Fire and Ice thermal suite. The dedicated spa area is upstairs where there are 12 treatment rooms using ESPA, Jessica Nails, Mii makeup and St. Tropez products.
- What is near The Belfry?
- Popular local attractions near The Belfry offer something for every interest. You might choose to visit Kingsbury Water Park, Drayton Manor or Cadbury World, head into Birmingham city centre, or visit Twycross Zoo, Warwick Castle or the National Memorial Arboretum.
- When was The Belfry built?
- Sources indicate that The Belfry has an impressive history - once a 13th century Manor House named Moxhull Hall inhabited by the Knights Templar. It became a family home in the 1950s, and eventually became a small hotel. Gradually it changed hands and was extended to include the golf courses and main hotel building. It was acquired by KSL Capital Partners in August 2012 and in 2013 it underwent a comprehensive £26 million renovation. In 2021 it was bought by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Cedar Capital Partners.
- What amenities does The Belfry have?
- The Belfry is a large estate complete with three 18-hole golf courses, a clubhouse and a large hotel. The Belfry Club has leisure and spa facilities including a gym, spin studio, pool, spa pools, a tranquil conservatory, and a 90-minute Fire and Ice thermal suite. The dedicated spa area is upstairs where there are 12 treatment rooms using ESPA, Jessica Nails, Mii make-up and St. Tropez products. The Belfry aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. Their accessibility measures include: DDA Accommodation (adjoining rooms for carers available); PEEP (Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan check-in process available); Hearing loop available upon request; vibration pillow available upon request; Egress ramps throughout the resort; welfare facilities (RADAR key access); swimming pool hoist; guide dogs welcome. There are some natural areas of ground and landscape whereby assistance with a wheelchair is needed and in some areas may be limited. The Bel Air nightclub has main room, upper bar access only with welfare facility access included.
- What are the food and drink options at The Belfry?
- There are multiple food and drink options at The Belfry. In the hotel, guests will find The Ryder Grill for more formal meals, while light bites and afternoon tea are served in the Brabazon Bar. Pizza and pasta is available at Rocca’s and healthy options are at the Leisure Café. There's also space for homely food and live sports in the clubhouse - Sam's.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Belfry?
- In Simply THE Spa at The Belfry, there are 12 treatment rooms as well as a dual treatment room and a contemporary manicure and pedicure centre.
- What time is check in/check out?
- The hotel check-in time at The Belfry is 3.00pm and check-out is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
- Do you need a handicap to play The Belfry?
- There is no handicap restriction for The Derby course at The Belfry, however there are handicap restrictions of 24 for gentlemen and 32 for ladies and juniors for The Brabazon and the PGA National golf courses.
- Why is The Belfry famous?
- The Belfry is arguably most famous for its golfing heritage. In particular, it has hosted the Ryder Cup four times - in 1985, 1989, 1993 and 2002.
- Why is The Belfry course called the Brabazon?
- The name, the Brabazon, comes from the former PGA president, Lord Brabazon, in recognition of the sport as well as The Belfry's heritage hosting the Ryder Cup an impressive four times.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.