The Vale Resort
For some much needed restoration, look no further than The Vale Resort, which, with its beautiful spa, tennis courts and golf greens, gives you everything you need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa is an experience of its own, especially the five blissful relaxation zones where you can choose between water beds next to water features and twinkling lanterns and cosy duvets to nod off in - that is after you’ve indulged in one of the seductive spa therapies on offer first though.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Late Check Out
Petals On The Bed
Two Course Lunch
Three Course Dinner
Why people visit here
Hen FriendlyAs the spa and surrounding area offers much by way of entertainment, this is an ideal option for hen parties and groups.
Golf ResortThe hotel boasts two PGA Championship courses.
Local AttractionsCardiff is awash with local culture, museums and nightlife as well as the Cardiff Bay waterfront.
Scenic LocationIn 650 acres of Welsh countryside, the location of The Vale is beautiful both to look at or for a prolonged stroll or cycle!
The Vale Resort frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Vale Resort?
- Despite its scale and reputation, The Vale Resort remains a family business, owned by the Leeke family, of the JH Leeke and Sons group, since the 1990s.
- How do you get to The Vale Resort?
- The Vale Resort is easy to get to by road, rail and air. For those who are driving, use postcode CF72 8JX then follow the highway's directional signs to the Vale Resort. There are 300 parking spaces on site. - From London take the M4 west, exit at junction 34 in South Wales - From the Midlands take the M5, then the M50/A449 to Newport and then M4 to junction 34 - From the South West take the M5 to either the M49 at Avonmouth or the M5/M4 interchange (near Bristol) and then over the Severn Crossing into Wales and exit at junction 34 - From West Wales take the M4 east and exit at junction 34 The nearest train station is Pontyclun, which is 3.4 miles or 10 minutes by taxi away. The nearest airport is Cardiff International Airport, which is 10.2 miles or 22 minutes by taxi.
- What is included in a spa day at The Vale Resort?
- What's included in a spa day at The Vale Resort depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a gym, squash and tennis courts, a 20-metre pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath and six relaxation zones. There are also 19 treatment rooms including three dual suites and therapists use Temple Spa, Clarins, and Jessica products as well as their own Maychang Halo range in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near The Vale Resort?
- Set in 650 acres of Welsh countryside, The Vale Resort is surrounded by beautiful places to walk and cycle, but it's also within easy reach of Carfidd and its wealth of culture, museums and nightlife as well as the Cardiff Bay waterfront. Top attractions include: - Hensol Castle Distillery - BBC tours - Glyndwr Vineyard - The Royal Mint Experience
- When was The Vale Resort built?
- The estate has a history dating back to the 15th-century, but the hotel's history largely stems back to 1926 when the land was sold to the local council. In the early 1990s the Leeke family completed the initial property in October 1994. In 1999 the hotel as we know it today was completed.
- What amenities does The Vale Resort have?
- An extensive hotel and estate, The Vale Resort is a four-star hotel set in 650 acres of Welsh countryside including two PGA Championship golf courses. It has 143 bedrooms including a number of family rooms. The hotel has multiple dining options including their AA Rosette awarded Vale Grill, the Salamanza Champagne Bar, the Vale Bar and the Golf Clubhouse. Spa and wellness facilities include a gym, squash and tennis courts, a 20-metre pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath and six relaxation zones. There are also 19 treatment rooms including three dual suites and therapists use Temple Spa, Clarins, and Jessica products as well as their own Maychang Halo range in a collection of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include: - Three disabled bedrooms with various modifications - However all rooms are accessible with lifts throughout the hotel - Spa is accessible - All treatment rooms are accessible
- What are the food and drink options at The Vale Resort?
- The hotel has multiple dining options including their AA Rosette awarded Vale Grill, the Salamanza Champagne Bar, the Vale Bar and the Golf Clubhouse.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Vale Resort?
- The Vale Resort has 19 treatment rooms including three dual suites. Therapists use Temple Spa, Clarins, and Jessica products as well as their own Maychang Halo range in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at The Vale Resort is from 3.00pm for rooms and check-out is at 11.00am. Spa opening hours are Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 8.00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 9.00am to 7.00pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.