Wood Hall Hotel and Spa
Steeped in luxury, this beautiful country estate wills you to find respite from the hectic pace of everyday life. From reading the papers in the drawing room to sipping champagne in the lounge, restful spaces are everywhere, not least at the spa, which offers a bijou haven of comfort and luxury along with sumptuous spa therapies. There’s also a swimming pool to dip into, a steam room to chill out in and a tranquil spa lounge.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
Why people visit here
Scenic LocationThe surrounding offer a picturesque landscape, and the hotel is well located for those looking to go walking or cycling.
Leisure VenueA venue offering good leisure facilities, such as swimming pool, steam room, and treatment rooms, but not a specialised spa. Ideal for mothers-to-be, with specialised packages and treatments to suit their every need.
Family FriendlyChildren are welcome at the hotel and to use the pool and facilities, and have designated swimming times.
RomanticThe hotel a is beautiful manor house with lovely views across the West Yorkshire countryside, making it perfect for romantic getaways. The restaurant at this venue comes highly recommended and has 2 AA Rosettes.
Wood Hall Hotel and Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
Wood Hall is a historic property with an illustrious history - it's now owned and operated by Hand Picked Hotels.
- How do you get to Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
You will find Wood Hall Hotel and Spa perched high on a hill amidst 100 acres of rolling Yorkshire countryside. It is situated in Linton just a short drive from Wetherby, and has ample free parking. The nearest motorway link is the A1, the nearest airport is Leeds/Bradford, which is 11 miles away, and the nearest train stations are Harrogate (11 miles), Leeds (12 miles) and York (16 miles).
- What is included in a spa day at Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
What's included in a spa day at Wood Hall Hotel and Spa depends on the experience that you book. The spa facilities include a gym, tranquil spa lounge, relaxing steam room and swimming pool. There are also two treatment rooms. Therapists use Elemis and Mii products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
Surrounded by beautiful landscapes that are perfect for walking or cycling, Wood Hall Hotel and Spa is also within easy reach of picturesque Harrogate and York as well as an abundance of local attractions.
Top attractions include:
- Royal Pump Room Museum (Harrogate)
- RHS Garden Harlow Carr
- Ripley Castle
- Bettys Café Tea Rooms
- Knaresborough Castle and Courthouse Museum
- York Minster
- When was Wood Hall Hotel and Spa built?
Wood Hall Hotel and Spa is a historic property dating to 1750 in its current guise. However, it's believed its first Norman possessor was Malgar Le Vavasour, and for several hundred years it was the home of the Vavasour family and their descendants. Over the years it's been a private house and a boarding school, becoming a hotel in the 1990s when new additions were also made to the property.
- What amenities does Wood Hall Hotel and Spa have?
Set in 100 acres of grounds and gardens, Wood Hall Hotel and Spa is a four-star hotel with 44 luxury bedrooms. The popular Georgian Restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its menu showcasing regional and local produce as well as those sourced from the hotel's kitchen gardens. There's also The Drawing Room and Bar for tea in the afternoon and drinks in the evening.
The spa facilities include a gym, tranquil spa lounge, relaxing steam room and swimming pool. There are also two treatment rooms. Therapists use Elemis and Mii products in a collection of face and body treatments.
Accessible facilities include:
- Accessible parking and a drop off area
- The main hotel entrance has a ramp to the front door and a small ramp available on request into the hotel
- There's one accessible bedroom available
- Bar, lounge and conference rooms are accessible by wheelchair
- The spa accessible from the hotel reception via a ramp and then two steps or via the main spa entrance door that has no steps
- Massage couches can be hydraulically lowered to wheelchair height or lower
- The swimming pool is accessed via spa reception on the ground floor. Steps into the pool and no hoist available
- What are the food and drink options at Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
The popular Georgian Restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its menu showcasing regional and local produce as well as those sourced from the hotel's kitchen gardens. There's also The Drawing Room and Bar for tea in the afternoon and drinks in the evening.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Wood Hall Hotel and Spa?
Wood Hall Hotel and Spa has two treatment rooms. Therapists use Elemis and Mii products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
Check-in at Wood Hall Hotel and Spa is 3pm and check-out is 11am. Spa opening times are 6.30am to 9.00pm Monday to Friday and 7.00am to 8.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.