Bedford Lodge Hotel
This hotel specialises in spa breaks, whether you want a day spa package or a longer stay with accommodation. The separate spa is impressive and ideal for sharing with a loved one. There are five water experiences to enjoy as well as a mud rasul which when taken together, can be a very intimate and fun experience. Treatments can be enjoyed side by side in a couple’s suite, but leave time for the rooftop hot tub which is surely the perfect ending to a gorgeous day with each other.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Experience Showers
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Room Upgrade to Junior Suite
Room Upgrade to Executive Suite
Room Upgrade to Superior Room
Room Upgrade to The Mews Executive Suite
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Why people visit here
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities and treatments in a separate building within the hotel grounds.
Scenic LocationLooking out onto three acres of rose gardens, the hotel is also adjacent to Newmarket’s famous paddocks.
Horse RacingNewmarket is known as the international home of horse racing, so make sure you have a day at the races, tour of the National Stud, and visit the National Horseracing Museum.
Safe Hands for CancerAccredited by the SATCC and part of the Spabreaks.com Safe Hands for Cancer Collection, this spa welcomes people living with or beyond cancer and offers a number of specialist trained therapists.
Bedford Lodge Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- Bedford Lodge Hotel became a family-run hotel in the 1940s and remains under the ownership of a private family holding company.
- How do you get to Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- Bedford Lodge Hotel is located between Cambridge and Bury St. Edmunds, situated in Newmarket on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire borders. It is easily accessible by road, rail and air with the A14 and A11 dual carriageways close by. Cambridge is less than 15 miles away and central London is also less than an hour’s drive. For those who are driving the postcode is CB8 7BX, and there is plenty of parking on site. The nearest train station is Newmarket Train Station (1.2 miles/ five minutes by car), and the nearest airport is Stansted, (33 miles/40-minutes by car).
- What is included in a spa day at Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- What's included in a spa day at Bedford Lodge Hotel depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a gym, a hydrotherapy pool with five water experiences, a rasul, experience showers and ice fountain, a steam room, sauna, hammam, relaxation area, beauty room for manicures and pedicures, spa lounge, a therapy room for visiting cosmetic doctors, and an outdoor rooftop hot tub. There are also 10 treatment rooms including one dual suite and therapists use ESPA, Jessica and Lycon products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- The hotel is in Newmarket, known as the international home of horse racing, with the famous racecourse close by. The hotel is also only 15 miles from Cambridge city centre. Top attractions include: - Newmarket Racecourse - National Horse Racing Museum - Walking in the Suffolk countryside - National Trust properties including Ickworth House or Lavenham Guildhall
- When was Bedford Lodge Hotel built?
- The property was built around 1820 as a hunting lodge for John Russell, the sixth Duke of Bedford. When the seventh Duke of Bedford died in 1861, the estate was purchased by Sir Joseph Hawley, a well-known racehorse owner whose horses won the Epsom Derby four times. It continued to change hands and enjoy extensions and renovations until it was temporarily renamed by Lord Beaverbrook, founder of the Sunday Express, in the 1920s. It became a family-run hotel in the 1940s.
- What amenities does Bedford Lodge Hotel have?
- A four-star hotel in a historic building, Bedford Lodge has 77 rooms and suites and is surrounded by three acres of rose gardens and paddocks. The hotel's restaurant, Squires, is a central feature of the retreat, with two AA Rosettes and a menu of local, seasonal ingredients as well as an excellent wine list. The spa has a gym, a hydrotherapy pool with five water experiences, a rasul, experience showers and ice fountain, a steam room, sauna, hammam, relaxation area, beauty room for manicures and pedicures, spa lounge, a therapy room for visiting cosmetic doctors, and an outdoor rooftop hot tub. There are also 10 treatment rooms including one dual suite and therapists use ESPA, Jessica and Lycon products in a range of face and body therapies. Accessible facilities include: - An accessible bedroom - Disabled access to the spa - Disabled changing room and treatment room in the spa
- What are the food and drink options at Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- The hotel's restaurant, Squires, is a central feature of the retreat, with two AA Rosettes and a menu of local, seasonal ingredients as well as an excellent wine list.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Bedford Lodge Hotel?
- Bedford Lodge Hotel has 10 treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use ESPA, Jessica Nails and Lycon products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Bedford Lodge Hotel is from 2.00pm for rooms and check-out is at 11.00am. Spa opening hours are Monday to Thursday: 9.00am to 7.30pm, Friday to Saturday: 9.00am to 9.00pm, Sunday: 9am to 7.30pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.