Dunkeld House Hotel
This is your chance to enjoy a taste of Scottish living with your loved ones as you experience salmon fishing, artisan food and of course that famous Scottish hospitality. The wild outdoors is breathtaking so enjoy it before heading inside to the spa where you’ll find a swimming pool with views, a hot tub, sauna and steam room and of course, a treatment menu full of sumptuous facials, massages and divine body treatments.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaThe hotel has a beautiful collection of treatments and just the right number of spa facilities to help you relax and unwind.
ActivitiesTry quad biking, archery, clay pigeon shooting and tennis while you’re here.
RomanticA historic hotel surrounded by natural beauty, Dunkeld House Hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
GroupsThe hotel has a number of lodges to stay in throughout the grounds, which are ideal for small groups.
Dunkeld House Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Dunkeld House Hotel?
- Formerly part of the Hilton brand, in 2016 Dunkeld House Hotel was sold to Dunkeld House Hotel LLP, a partnership between Arnold Schnegg, James Hawksworth and funds managed by Downing LLP. In 2022 it was bought by a partnership between Blantyre Capital Limited and Fairtree Alternative Real Estate in 2022.
- What is the history of Dunkeld House Hotel?
- Dunkeld House was built between 1676-84 for the Earls of Atholl after the original property was blown up by Cromwell’s troops. The family were promoted to the Dukes of Atholl in 1703, and after the house was condemned in the 1800s, a new property was commissioned close by. After a number of mishaps, overspending and changes to the plan, the seventh Duke completed a new house a mile further up the river in 1897, which now forms the Dunkeld House we know today. The family were compelled to sell the property in the 1930s when it became a hotel, with a brief hiatus as a school during World War II.
- How do you get to Dunkeld House Hotel?
- The easiest way to get directly to Dunkeld House Hotel is by car, with plenty of parking available close by. The nearest station is Dunkeld & Birnam just 1.3 miles away, and from there it's a five minute taxi to the hotel. As a remote location there's no such thing as Uber close by, but there are local taxi firms which the hotel can advise you on in advance of your visit.
- What is included in a Dunkeld House Hotel spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Dunkeld House Hotel depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, pool and sauna, as well as Hebridean seaweed-based therapies from ishga skincare.
- What is near Dunkeld House Hotel?
- At the hotel itself, guests can take part in activities including quad biking, archery, clay pigeon shooting and tennis. Meanwhile, close by, top attractions include Dunkeld Cathedral, The Hermitage Woodland Walk and the Loch of the Lowes Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve.
- When was Dunkeld House Hotel built?
- The Dunkeld House we know today was built in 1897, but it underwent a £2m refurbishment programme prior to its sale to a partnership between Blantyre Capital Limited and Fairtree Alternative Real Estate in 2022.
- What amenities does Dunkeld House Hotel have?
- In addition to the main hotel, which has 98 bedrooms, there are a number of lodges to stay in throughout the grounds. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with activities including quad biking, archery, clay pigeon shooting and tennis. There's also a spa with a gym, pool and sauna, as well as Hebridean seaweed-based therapies from ishga skincare. Dunkeld House aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. They comply with local disability legislation and welcome you to mention any requirements at the time of booking.
- What are the food and drink options at Dunkeld House Hotel?
- Dunkeld House Hotel restaurant serves fresh, local ingredients harvested and hunted in the surrounding area. They also serve herbs from their own herb garden and smoked salmon from their own smokery, have a generous supply of whisky and serve an excellent afternoon tea.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Dunkeld House Hotel?
- The spa at Dunkeld House Hotel has two treatment rooms, where therapists use the Hebridean seaweed-based skincare brand, ishga, in a collection of face and body therapies.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Dunkeld House Hotel is 3pm on the day of arrival, with checkout at 11am on the day of departure. Late check-out may be available on request. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.