Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa
This traditional Scottish manor is set in 44 acres of natural countryside, giving it a lovely feeling of remoteness, despite its vicinity to Edinburgh and Glasgow. The newly renovated Vital Health & Wellbeing Club & Spa is central to the popularity of this hotel and you can see why. Work out or relax into a weekend of downtime, thanks to a high-spec gym, a 20-metre luxury swimming pool and a state-of-the-art thermal suite. The tranquil spa has a menu of beautiful therapies designed with restoration in mind.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Experience Showers
- Ice Room / Fountain
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to a Super Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
LocationIn a convenient location 5 minutes' drive from Falkirk Town Centre and 20 miles from Edinburgh.
Local AttractionsStirling Castle, the Wallace Monument, and the Falkirk Wheel are all within easy reach of the hotel.
Family FriendlyThe hotel offers family rooms and nearby activities suitable for children.
Carer Goes FreeCarers are invited to accompany guests and use the facilities free of charge.
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa?
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa is a four-star hotel in Falkirk, and is part of the Macdonald hotel group, owned by Donald Macdonald.
- How do you get to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa?
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa is located in 44 acres of countryside within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Despite its seemingly remote location, it's convenient to get to by road, rail and air. It's five minutes from the M9 junction 5, five minutes from Polmont Station and 20 minutes from Edinburgh Airport.
- What is included in a Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a gym, 20-metre swimming pool, a sauna, ice fountain and massage shower and its own Tea House café area. They also offer treatments using Elemis, Elemis Biotec and Fake Bake products.
- What is near Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa?
- Within easy reach of the city's of Edinburgh and Glasgow, guests at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa can spend time solely at the hotel or exploring the surrounding area. Popular attractions include Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument, and the Falkirk Wheel, for example.
- When was Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa built?
- The elegant mansion that is Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa was first built as a private home in the late 19th century. It was owned by the Marwick family, and was requisitioned as a billet for aircrew during WW2. After the war, it became a hotel under the ownership of Elizabeth Marwick, until it was bought by Donald Macdonald.
- What amenities does Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa have?
- The four-star hotel sits within a pretty country house, which has 98 rooms and suites to choose from including family rooms. The hotel's restaurant is its Scottish Steakhouse. There is also a contemporary Vital Health & Wellbeing Club & Spa on the estate, which includes a gym, 20-metre swimming pool, a sauna, ice fountain and massage shower and its own Tea House café area. The hotel's accessible facilities include wheelchair friendly access to the entrance, car park, hallways, bedroom and restaurant.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa?
- The hotel's restaurant is its Scottish Steakhouse - a contemporary steak and grill restaurant - which serves an array of dishes and has an AA rosette for its food and service. The spa also has its own Tea House café.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa?
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa has eight spa treatment rooms, where therapists use Elemis, Elemis Biotec and Fake Bake products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.