Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
This beautiful 700-year old country manor house has stunning architecture including many of its original features, so as you admire the porticos and sweep down the staircase, you’ll feel like royalty. The ambience and facilities are always comforting here, so you’ll feel instantly relaxed, especially in the pool. For real indulgence, make sure you treat yourself to one of the gorgeous treatments.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
- Dual Treatment
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Sparkling Afternoon Tea in the hotel bar
Early Check In
Why people visit here
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel offers a Pool, Whirlpool and Gym facilities and four treatment rooms.
LocationIn close proximity to Blackburn the hotel is easily accessible, but benefits from its serene location outside the city centre.
Family FriendlyWith connecting rooms available in the hotel and children welcome in the pool, this is a great option for the whole family. Teenage treatments available on request.
GolfThere is an 18-hole golf course nearby for those more sporting guests.
Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is part of the Mercure Hotel chain owned by the Accor group. It was acquired by them in 1975, run by chairman and CEO Sébastien Bazin since 2013.
- How do you get to Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- Close to Blackburn, Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is easy to get to by road, rail and air. Those who drive to the hotel will find it easy to get to, less than a mile outside the town of Clayton-le-Moors and there's plenty of on-site parking by the reception area. The nearest train station is Accrington, which is around two miles away, and the closest airport is Manchester, which is 27 miles/42-minute drive away.
- What is included in a Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- What's included in a spa day at Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a Whirlpool, swimming pool, sauna, laconium, Vapour steam room and an aromatherapy steam room. There are also treatments using Ishga and Orly products.
- What is near Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is just a short distance from the town of Clayton-le-Moors and is close to Blackburn. It is surrounded by 17 acres of parkland, there's an 18-hole golf course close by, and other popular attractions include the Trafford Centre, Chester Zoo and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
- When was Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa built?
- Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is in an elegant property which is more than 700 years old. The country manor's recorded history can be traced to 1285, but it's thought it existed before then. It became a hotel in 1947, and joined the Mercure Hotel chain in 1975.
- What amenities does Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa have?
- Set in 17 acres of glorious parkland, this four-star hotel offers historic architecture and contemporary interiors. There are 175 rooms and suites, and plenty of space to spend time relaxing. For those staying on work trips or celebrating special occasions, there's a banquet hall that can accommodate up to 250 guests. There's also an on-site restaurant and a separate bar area, while the spa has its own cafe. Within the grounds, the hotel is home to the award-winning Spa Naturel Dunkenhalgh, which has a range of facilities including a Whirlpool, swimming pool, sauna, laconium, Vapour steam room and an aromatherapy steam room. There are also eight treatment rooms including four dual suites, where therapists use Ishga and Orly products in a collection of face and body treatments. The hotel's accessible facilities include three disabled access bedrooms. The spa facilities are wheelchair accessible, however to reach the treatment rooms wheelchair users need to enter via the back of the building. There is also a hoist available for the swimming pool.
- What are the food and drink options at Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- The main restaurant at Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is The Cameo Restaurant, which serves contemporary classic cuisine catering to every preference. There's also a bar for light snacks and drinks, and the Spa Naturel Dunkenhalgh has its own café, so you don't have to change out of your robe and slippers for lunch amidst all that pampering.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa?
- Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa has eight treatment rooms including four dual suites. Therapists use Ishga and Orly products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.