Safe Hands For Cancer Accredited
Built inside a 19th century walled garden and part of the superb and luxurious Elizabethan architecture that is Ockenden Manor hotel, the Ockenden Manor Spa is a haven of tranquillity. Perfect for a romantic retreat, facilities include a gorgeous indoor heated pool that connects to the outdoors, an outside hot tub, as well as an isopod flotation tank for extreme relaxation. Treatments include decadent aromatherapy and reflexology therapies using natural ingredients and designed to offer the ultimate in relaxing experiences.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Outdoor Pool
Why people visit here
Wow FactorThe feel good factor created by the use of natural spring water, superb light, and Elemental Herbology product range, based on the Five Element Theory from Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Exceptional Spa FeatureThe spa’s contemporary style and architecture which includes lots of glass, lots of natural light and a sense of flowing from the inside out into the gardens.
Best Known ForIts eco-friendly spa, which uses spring water from its own source, and natural light wherever possible.
Most Loved ByMums and daughters, couples and small groups of friends. It’s an intimate spa which makes for a really beautiful spa day at any time, but to stay overnight turns it into a real treat for a special occasion.
Ockenden Manor frequently asked questions
- Who owns Ockenden Manor?
- Ockenden Manor is a pretty hotel in West Sussex, in a building which dates back to 1520. It is part of the Historic Sussex Hotels collection, which is a privately owned company with three unique luxury hotels including Bailiffscourt, Ockenden Manor and The Spread Eagle Hotel.
- How do you get to Ockenden Manor?
- Ockenden Manor is located in the Tudor village of Cuckfield in Sussex, with views towards Cuckfield Park and the South Downs. Driving to the hotel is easy, and there's plenty of parking on site. From the north (or London Gatwick airport), follow the M23/A23 south towards Brighton, take the A23 exit on to A272 towards Haywards Heath and follow it until you see signposts for Cuckfield. The hotel is on Ockenden Lane. If you're travelling by train, the nearest station is Haywards Heath, which is a 45-minute journey from London Victoria. You will then need to get a taxi for the 10-minute ride to the hotel.
- What is included in a spa day at Ockenden Manor?
- What's included in a spa day at Ockenden Manor depends on the experience that you book. Surrounded by eight acres of grounds and gardens, the spa facilities include connected indoor and outdoor heated pools, a hot tub, sauna, steam room, relaxation rooms, a gym and a fitness studio. There are also eight treatment rooms where therapists use REN and ila products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Ockenden Manor?
- Ockenden Manor is located in the pretty, Tudor village of Cuckfield, which has lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants to explore. It looks out across Cuckfield Park and the South Downs, both of which are worth exploring. Other popular attractions close by include the renowned Edwardian Garden at Borde Hill, a trip to Glyndebourne opera house or exploring vintage finds at Ardingly Antiques & Collectors Fair - the largest of its kind in the South of England.
- When was Ockenden Manor built?
- Ockenden Manor has a recorded history dating back to the 1500s, when it was a family home. The original property burned down in 1608, precipitating a rebuilt, which remained in the Burrell family until the 20th century. In the 1900s, the property was used for the war effort before becoming a guest house, thus beginning its new chapter and becoming a hotel destination and ultimately becoming the family owned hotel it is today.
- What amenities does Ockenden Manor have?
- Set in nine acres of Sussex countryside, Ockenden Manor is a charming Elizabethan manor house with 28 lavishly decorated rooms and tranquil views. Home to an award-winning restaurant, they serve local fare and are particularly well known for their seven course tasting menu and inspired wine list. They also have a drawing room for afternoon tea and a sun soaked terrace for the summer. The eco-conscious spa is a purpose-built space filled with natural light. Facilities include connected indoor and outdoor heated pools, a hot tub, sauna, steam room, relaxation rooms, a gym and a fitness studio. There are also eight treatment rooms where therapists use REN and ila products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: As a historic building, the hotel is not entirely accessible for anyone in a wheelchair or other disabilities. However, adaptations have been made wherever possible and the hotel is much more accessible. - There are no lifts in the hotel. - There are two accessible rooms with wet rooms and a seat in the shower. - The spa has lifts to the pool area as well as a wide corridor. - There is a ramp and lift in the spa. - Treatment rooms are wheelchair accessible. - There's a disabled toilet in both the hotel and in the spa
- What are the food and drink options at Ockenden Manor?
- Ockenden Manor is home to an award-winning restaurant, they serve local fare and are particularly well known for their seven course tasting menu and inspired wine list. They also have a drawing room for afternoon tea and a sun soaked terrace for the summer.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Ockenden Manor?
- Ockenden Manor has eight treatment rooms. Therapists use REN and ila in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Ockenden Manor is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are: 7am to 9.30pm on weekdays and 8am to 9pm on weekends. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.