The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel prides itself on offering the extraordinary and that extends to its spa, which invites you to ‘arrive beautiful, leave gorgeous’ alongside a generous helping of serenity. Choose from a number of treatments on offer, using luxury skincare brand Elemis. Alternatively, you can opt for one of the spa’s signature packages, which can include luxuries such as yoga and even a cream tea.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
- Dual Treatment
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Room Upgrade to Superior River View
Room Upgrade to Executive King
Why people visit here
Specialised spaFollowing a transformative refurbishment, the RE:TREAT spa offers a unique collection of experiences, ranging from facilities like cryotherapy to treatments from brands including Grown Alchemist, GAIA, Elemis and their own product line.
LocationCentrally located in Manchester, The Lowry is perfectly positioned for a luxury weekend mini break exploring the city. Indulge in a spot of retail therapy at the local boutiques and shopping centres before heading out for an evening of cocktails!
Safe Hands for CancerAccredited by the SATCC and part of the Spabreaks.com Safe Hands for Cancer Collection, this spa welcomes people living with or beyond cancer and offers a number of specialist trained therapists.
Bars and nightlifeA five-star hotel needs a five-star restaurant, and that’s exactly what you get at The Lowry. A city buzzing with energy, if you’re visiting with friends, head out and explore Manchester’s bars and nightlife.
The Lowry Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Lowry Hotel?
- The Lowry Hotel is a five-star hotel in Manchester, named after the artist L. S. Lowry, and owned by the Westmont Hospitality Group, a Canadian company founded by the Mangalji family.
- How do you get to The Lowry Hotel?
- Located where Manchester and Salford meet, The Lowry Hotel sits by the River Irwell and there's pedestrian access to Deansgate via the bridge designed by Calatrava. For those driving to the hotel, the postcode is M3 5LH, they have two Tesla electric vehicle charging points outside and they have secure (paid) car parking at the front of the hotel via Dearmans Place. The nearest tram stop to The Lowry Hotel is St. Peter's Square. The nearest train station is Manchester Piccadilly, which is 1.1 miles away (a 20 minute walk or 15 minute taxi ride). For those flying in, the nearest airport is Manchester International Airport, which is nine miles away or around 25-minutes by taxi.
- What is included in a spa day at The Lowry Hotel?
- What's included in a spa day at The Lowry Hotel depends on the experience that you book. The RE:TREAT spa is all about pampering, so while there's no pool, facilities include a gym and fitness studio, cryotherapy chamber, meditation pod and sensory deprivation tank, as well as a relaxation room. There are six treatment rooms where therapists use Grown Alchemist, GAIA and Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near The Lowry Hotel?
- The hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring Manchester, its local boutiques and shopping centres, bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Amongst the most popular nearby attractions you will find Ancoats - the foodie neighbourhood by the canal; discover the city's literary heritage (it has been named a UNESCO City of Literature); go to Manchester’s Warehouse Project for a night out; go on a coffee crawl in the Northern Quarter; or flip through sleeves at the city’s best record stores.
- When was The Lowry Hotel built?
- This five-star hotel first opened in 2001 and has won multiple awards as a leading contemporary destination. It was purpose-built as an independent luxury hotel in Manchester.
- What amenities does The Lowry Hotel have?
- A five-star hotel on the edge of Manchester city centre, The Lowry Hotel has 165 luxury rooms and suites to stay in. The hotel is home to the popular River Restaurant and Lowry Lounge & Bar serving a seasonally changing a la carte menu and known for having the longest bar terrace in the city. The RE:TREAT spa is a specialist pampering experience. While there's no pool, facilities include a gym and fitness studio, cryotherapy chamber, meditation pod and sensory deprivation tank, as well as a relaxation room. There are six treatment rooms where therapists use Grown Alchemist, GAIA and Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - The hotel is fully DDA compliant - There are nine disabled bedrooms - Facilities for hearing impairments including a visual notifications system on the door and fire alarm, as well as an alarm clock with a bed shaker. - Ensuite accessible bathrooms
- What are the food and drink options at The Lowry Hotel?
- The hotel is home to the popular River Restaurant and Lowry Lounge & Bar serving a seasonally changing a la carte menu and known for having the longest bar terrace in the city.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Lowry Hotel?
- The Lowry Hotel has six treatment rooms. Therapists use Grown Alchemist, GAIA and Elemis products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at The Lowry Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are 9am to 7pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.