Blessed with hospitality and wellbeing in a multitude of different guises, spas in England range from country house hotels like Hoar Cross Hall in Staffordshire - perfect for romantic spa weekends surrounded by luxury and sweeping views - to the urban bliss of specialised spa treatments and solo treats at the likes of The House of Elemis in Mayfair.
Groups of friends can indulge on spa getaways and hen parties at the likes of the newly renovated Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa, and romantic weekend breaks across the UK are a real treat, especially at the likes of Luton Hoo in Bedfordshire, which is surrounded by acres of exquisite gardens. There are also charming day spas offering superb treatments and experiences - Eden Hall Day Spa in Nottinghamshire has received rave reviews for everything including its vegan lunch options.
While recent years have seen the emergence of some of the most innovative and exciting new spas in the UK, there is no doubt that for many, one of the key draw cards at England’s spa hotels is the abundant history that accompanies contemporary hospitality. Gaia Spa for example, at Boringdon Hall on the edge of Dartmoor, is an exquisite example of this fusion. The historic hotel once housed the ill-fated queen of nine days, Lady Jane Grey, and offers a sense of romance to overnight guests amongst the spectacular Elizabethan architecture with secret archways and stone towers. Meanwhile, its spa is a contemporary new addition with a wealth of facilities and 10 treatment rooms making it perfect for groups.
Amongst the luxurious spa hotels and day spas, England also has its own fair share of destination spas and health spa retreats where you can really unwind, detox and address any wellbeing concerns you may have. Grayshott Spa and Hotel in Surrey is amongst the most famous, as is the collection of Champneys destinations across the UK.
Whatever you are looking for, at Spabreaks.com you will find a spa break deal to suit you.
Spa Days in England (414 spas available)
The Spa at Carden
Twilight Spa Experience
- A choice of 1 x 50 minute treatment from:
- Calming Foot and Scalp Ritual
- Rejuvenating Face and Body Ritual
- Soothing Hand Ritual
- Soothing Foot Ritual
- Revitalising Facial Ritual
- Shimmering Body Ritual
- Welcome glass of Carden Park Estate Reserve at 5.30pm
- Robe, towel and slippers provided
- Spa Garden and Thermal Experience between 6pm - 9pm
Hoar Cross Hall
Includes access to exercise and relaxation classes, Antipasti platter, glass of Prosecco and full use of the spa facilities from 6pm - 9:30pm.
Valid for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings only
10% discount on groups of 10 or more
Signature Spa Day
- 2 course buffet lunch
- Robe and towel provided
- Full use of the Heat and Ice and leisure facilities
Gaia Spa at Boringdon Hall
Includes a choice of 1 x 40 minute treatment from: Essential Manicure, Essential Pedicure, Indian Head Massage, Reflex Foot & Leg Massage or Naturally Gaia Facial; brunch in the Spatisserie, robe and flip flops provided and full use of the spa facilities from 8am - 1pm.
Available Tuesday - Thursday
Hilton London Syon Park
Rejuvenate Spa Day
Includes a 25 minute Back Massage, a 25 minute Express Facial, light lunch, robe, towel and slippers provided and 4 hours use of the spa facilities.
Blue Harbour Health Club and Spa at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
Includes a 30 minute Back Cleanse and Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage, 30 minute Personalised Facial, robe, towel and slippers provided and full use of the spa facilities.
Supper and Spa
Includes a 2 course dinner at Clocktower at 6pm, access to the Roof Top Spa from 7:30pm, robe, towel and slippers provided and full use of the facilities.
- Includes a choice of 1 x 40 minute treatment from:
- Muscle Reviver
- Deep Cleansing Back Treatment
- Luxury Invigorating Foot Treatment
- Bespoke Facial
- Luxury Salt and Oil Body Scrub
- 90 minute Fire and Ice Experience
- Prosecco and chocolate truffles
- Robes and towels provided
- Use of the spa facilities from 2pm onwards.
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel
Twilight Spa Evening
Includes a choice of 1 x 25 minute ELEMIS treatment from: Freestyle Back Massage, Superfood Facial or Best Foot Forward, glass of Prosecco, robe, towel and slippers provided and use of the facilities between 4pm and 8pm.
£10 voucher towards a minimum spend of £50 in spa store
20% off any pre-booked additional treatments
Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa
Pennyhill Park Spa Day - Two Treats in One Day
- Includes a choice of 1 x 50 minute treatment from:
- Body Scrub
- Afternoon Tea
- Robe, towel and flip flops provided
- Full use of the spa facilities between 3.30pm and 10pm
Cottonmill Spa at Sopwell House
- 3 course dinner in the Brasserie
- Robe, towel and slippers provided
- Use of The Cottonmill facilities between 5pm - 9pm
Please see below for full list of facilities. Please note this package does not include access to the Club at Cottonmill facilities
Other treatment choices are available, please enquire through the call centre for more details
- Includes 1 treatment choice from:
- Jessica Luxury Manicure (50 minutes)
- Jessica Luxury Pedicure (50 minutes)
- Bamboo Massage (45 minutes)
- The Spa Facial (45 minutes)
- £30 food credit to spend in the Botanica restaurant
- Robe, towels and slippers provided
- Full use of the spa facilities from 3.30pm
Botanica is open until 5.45pm, please enquire through our call centre if you wish to arrive from 1.30pm for lunch prior to using the facilities
Complimentary fitness classes also included (bookable 72 hrs prior to arrival & subject to availability)