Blessed with hospitality and wellbeing in a multitude of different guises, spas in England range from country house hotels like Hoar Cross Hall in Staffordshire - perfect for romantic spa weekends surrounded by luxury and sweeping views - to the urban bliss of specialised spa treatments and solo treats at the likes of The House of Elemis in Mayfair.
Groups of friends can indulge on spa getaways and hen parties at the likes of the newly renovated Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa, and romantic weekend breaks across the UK are a real treat, especially at the likes of Luton Hoo in Bedfordshire, which is surrounded by acres of exquisite gardens. There are also charming day spas offering superb treatments and experiences - Eden Hall Day Spa in Nottinghamshire has received rave reviews for everything including its vegan lunch options.
While recent years have seen the emergence of some of the most innovative and exciting new spas in the UK, there is no doubt that for many, one of the key draw cards at England’s spa hotels is the abundant history that accompanies contemporary hospitality. Gaia Spa for example, at Boringdon Hall on the edge of Dartmoor, is an exquisite example of this fusion. The historic hotel once housed the ill-fated queen of nine days, Lady Jane Grey, and offers a sense of romance to overnight guests amongst the spectacular Elizabethan architecture with secret archways and stone towers. Meanwhile, its spa is a contemporary new addition with a wealth of facilities and 10 treatment rooms making it perfect for groups.
Amongst the luxurious spa hotels and day spas, England also has its own fair share of destination spas and health spa retreats where you can really unwind, detox and address any wellbeing concerns you may have. Grayshott Spa and Hotel in Surrey is amongst the most famous, as is the collection of Champneys destinations across the UK.
Whatever you are looking for, at Spabreaks.com you will find a spa break deal to suit you.
Spa Days in England (371 spas available)
Espa Life at Corinthia
- 20 minute consultation and goal setting session
- 50 minute personal training session
- 10 minute post work out stretching
- 30 minute Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage
- post work-out protein shake/healthy smoothie
- ESPA fitness shower oil to take home
- Half day use of the facilities
Couture Escape Day
- 2 course buffet lunch
- Robe and towel provided
- Full use of the Heat and Ice and leisure facilities
Guests must arrive at 9am
Hoar Cross Hall
Includes access to exercise and relaxation classes, Antipasti platter, glass of Prosecco and full use of the spa facilities from 6pm - 9:30pm.
Valid for Tuesday and Wednesday evenings only
10% discount on groups of 10 or more
The Waterfront Hotel Spa & Golf
Includes 2 course lunch, robe provided and full use of the Thermal Spa facilities.
Use of the Thermal Spa is from 9am - 5 pm. Day guests are to check in from 9am and check out by 5pm
Living Well Spa at Homefield Grange
Includes a choice of 1 x 25 minute treatment from: Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage or Scalp, Hand and Foot massage; plus 2 course vegan lunch, welcome tea and amuse bouche, herbal teas and purified still and sparkling mineral water, robe, towel and slippers and full use of the facilities.
Elan Spa at Mallory Court
Festive Midweek ESPA Half Spa Day
- A choice of 1 x 55 minute ESPA treatment from:
- Express Facial with Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage
- Skin Specific Facial
- Aromatherapy Massage
- A choice of 1 course lunch or Cream Tea
- Robe, towel and slippers provided
- 3 hours use of the facilities
Morning spa includes a 1 course lunch, afternoon spa includes a cream tea
Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa
The Vintage Hideaway
Includes a choice of lunch or Afternoon Tea, robe, towel and flip flops provided and full use of the facilities.
Champneys Henlow Grange
Champneys Essential Day
Includes arrival at 10am, 3 course buffet lunch, welcome refreshments and snacks, robe and flip flops provided and full use of the resort facilities until 6pm.
Fitness classes can be pre-booked for £3 - £6 to guarantee a space
Eden Hall Day Spa
Simply Spa Day
Includes 3 course lunch, robe and towels provided and full use of the spa facilities.
Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa
Pennyhill Park Spa Day - Two Treats in One Day
- Includes a choice of 1 x 50 minute treatment from:
- Body Scrub
- Afternoon Tea
- Robe, towel and flip flops provided
- Full use of the spa facilities between 3.30pm and 10pm
Book for dates between 2nd – 6th December and receive a complimentary glass of fizz on arrival
Cottonmill Spa at Sopwell House
- 3 course dinner in the Brasserie
- Robe, towel and slippers provided
- Use of The Cottonmill facilities between 5pm - 9pm
Please see below for full list of facilities. Please note this package does not include access to the Club at Cottonmill facilities
Other treatment choices are available, please enquire through the call centre for more details
- Includes 1 treatment choice from:
- Jessica Luxury Manicure (50 minutes)
- Jessica Luxury Pedicure (50 minutes)
- Bamboo Massage (45 minutes)
- The Spa Facial (45 minutes)
- £30 food credit to spend in the Botanica restaurant
- Robe, towels and slippers provided
- Full use of the spa facilities from 3.30pm
Botanica is open until 5.45pm, please enquire through our call centre if you wish to arrive from 1.30pm for lunch prior to using the facilities