If you listen carefully you may still be able to hear the dulcet tones of Dame Vera Lynn echoing through the halls at this illustrious country house hotel. Grantley Hall has played host to the good and the great across the centuries, and while its style remains in keeping with its 17th century roots, it’s also very much the height of modern hospitality. No stone is left unturned when it comes to luxe details, from a sensory feast at dinner, to its own Gatsby-style night club, and the magnificent, purpose-built Three Graces Spa and Elite Luxury Gym.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Heated Loungers
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Ice Room / Fountain
Why people visit here
Exceptional spa featureThe luxury style. All the way through the spa there is this wonderful sense of space and decadence that makes you feel instantly relaxed and just a little like you wandered into a daydream.
Wow-factorFood and drink at the hotel really do go to the next level, from the sheer array of options to the decadent style across the board. Party like Gatsby or dine like a queen - either way, it’s exceptional.
Most loved byCouples. While anyone would have a fantastic time at this beautiful hotel, it is undeniably romantic thanks to its regal style and nothing-is-too-much-trouble service.
Best known forHosting the good and the great as a historic country house owned by a succession of characterful aristocrats.
Grantley Hall frequently asked questions
- Who owns Grantley Hall?
- Grantley Hall is privately owned by Valeria Sykes, who bought it with a vision of creating a legacy for her family. Three generations of the Sykes' family were involved in the restoration of the property, turning it into a five-star hotel.
- How do you get to Grantley Hall?
- In Ripon in North Yorkshire, Grantley Hall is best accessed by car. The main entrance is located at East Lodge opposite the River Skell on the B6265, and there is plenty of parking. The nearest train station is Harrogate, which is 20km away, so you would need to arrange transfers in advance.
- What is included in a Grantley Hall spa day?
- What's included in your spa day at Grantley Hall depends on the experience that you book. However, you have a choice of things to do with grounds to explore, and the exceptional Three Graces Spa and Elite Luxury Gym to experience. Its facilities include an 18-metre indoor swimming pool, an outdoor hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and snow room, gym, relaxation area, a dedicated restaurant, and an array of holistic spa treatments.
- What is near Grantley Hall?
- Grantley Hall is in the beautiful market village of Ripon in North Yorkshire with its impressive cathedral, surrounded by countryside and historic sites. While here, you can head to Harrogate and visit Betty's Tea Room, walk through the deer park and gardens at Ripley, go to the magnificent Newby Hall & Gardens country house, or explore Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal - a ruined 12th century abbey, complete with an enchanting water garden.
- When was Grantley Hall built?
- Grantley Hall was originally built as a private home at the end of the 17th century by Thomas Norton. It has since been owned by the Furness family and the Ackroyd family before coming to the Sykes family in 2015. After a long refurbishment project it opened as a hotel and wellness retreat in 2019.
- What amenities does Grantley Hall have?
- The Three Graces Spa and Elite Luxury Gym at Grantley Hall is a purpose-built destination within the grounds. Its facilities include an 18-metre indoor swimming pool, an outdoor hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and snow room, gym, relaxation area, a dedicated restaurant, and an array of holistic spa treatments. In addition, the hotel has beautiful grounds, as well as multiple restaurants and bar areas. Grantley Hall aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. Their accessibility measures include: valet parking; level entry and wheelchair access to the hotel; help with luggage; wheelchair access and level entry to all public areas; toilets located on the ground floor along with an accessible toilet; accessible bedrooms are located on the first floor which can be accessed via the lift - they have wet rooms, low level lighting, Deaf Guard Wireless Pillow systems on request, assistance dogs are welcome, and a personal emergency evacuation plan is completed on check in. The spa is on the ground floor with level entry; all treatment rooms are wheelchair accessible; there is a disabled changing room with a disabled shower is available; the thermal area, outdoor terrace and outdoor pool area are wheelchair accessible and a poolside hoist is available. The gym has level entry and is wheelchair accessible; changing rooms and showers are fully accessible. Grantley Hall buggy’s are available to take guests across to The Garden Pavilion or it can be accessed by the path that follows the front of the Hall. There are a set of steps down to The Garden Pavilion, however we do have a purpose-built wheelchair ramp. Restaurant EightyEight and Valeria’s Champagne & Cocktail Bar is on the basement level and can be accessed by the lifts in the main foyer area.
- What are the food and drink options at Grantley Hall?
- There are multiple dining options at Grantley Hall - all exceptional and offering a different experience. There's Shaun Rankin’s fine dining offering, pan-Asian fare at Bar and Restaurant Eighty Eight, casual but sophisticated cuisine at Fletcher's Restaurant and heritage style at Norton Bar and Courtyard. There's Valeria’s for late night drinks and partying, afternoon tea in the drawing room and healthy meals during the day in the Three Graces Spa Lounge.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Grantley Hall?
- Within the purpose-built Three Graces Spa at Grantley Hall, there are six elegantly appointed treatment rooms where therapists use a combination of ila and Natura Bissé products.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in is from 3pm and check-out prior to 11am. For specific check in times on your spa day please check your booking details.
- Is there a dress code at Grantley Hall?
- In the Shaun Rankin restaurant, the hotel asks that you wear smart/casual clothing. That means no trainers, jeans, shorts, t-shirts or flip-flops.
- How much did Grantley Hall cost?
- Valeria Sykes refurbished the Palladian property and its 30 acres of grounds in a lavish project reported to have cost £70 million.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.